Friday, February 17, 2006

The Deception of the Outside Cover

Yesterday, I received news that an old classmate of mine committed suicide. He had called my cousin a week before, asking her why she had not visited him at his work. Then a week later, he shot himself in the head with a gun.

He was a really handsome guy, an all-American blue eyed, blond hair social type...the type you would think would not have ended his life so early.

Life can be trying to say the least..I have had my share of rough days where all I want to do is crawl in a little hole and wait until everything blows over...

If only he hung in there he would have realized that what doesn't kill you really makes you stronger.

May God show mercy on him and all of us.

2 comments:

Zanzounito said...

Nathan,

I appreciate the kind gesture that you are trying to help others through your Saviour.

Man is not God. God is not Man.

Jesus existed not as God, but as a prophet like Noah and Abraham.

He never asked anyone to worship him, for he was a man.

Thank you for sharing your beliefs, but I am very content with mine, as a Muslim :)

BeeJ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.