Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Encounter

It was a frigid day and my shoulders were burning from the heavy books I carried from the parking lot across the bridge. I noticed him near the corner of the large fountain. He held his silver metal stick, trying to get a feel to where he was. He was lost.

"Excuse me," I said. He turned immediately at me with those shiny blue sports sunglasses.

"Can I help you find a place?"

As we walked, I learned that he was looking for the other fountain on campus. The sound of the metal stick tapping against the concrete sounded vaguely familiar. As we headed to the fountain that lead to the bridge that led to his dorm, he almost ran into a tree, shrubs, and stairs.

He was strikingly handsome.

"What's your name?," I asked.

"Jesus," he extended his hand. I shook it and replied, "I'm Zeina."

Our walk ended and I wished I could've walked more with him.

There are some people you meet who do not say one word to you but influence you in ways unimaginable.

I wonder if he got home safely.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

jesus.. hmmm