Sunday, January 07, 2007

To Africa? or Not to Africa? that is the question

My feelings and compassion towards women with fistula continues to burn and the voice resonates inside me..."Go, Zeina, go to Niger"

My itnerary is here, the ticket is payed for, my vaccines are prepared....

and I will decline the trip tomorrow.

I have come to realize that dreams come with dangerous realities...

The risks outweigh the benefits ...I hope I am making the right decision.

Disappointment is up to my nose.

3 comments:

Laila K said...

zeina I dont know what to say, I hope you are making the right decision too. this seems to be something you always wanted to do, so dont give it up too easily. think about it a bit longer, its sunday and you have time :)

Zanzounito said...

yes, i plan on going there in 6 months...when I am fully immunized :)

NIGER1.COM said...

I am from niger and i am the webmaster for the website niger1 com
our page in english is
http://www.niger1.com/english1.html I will suggest you to go to Niger
I don t know but i know you will help Nigerien woman and save lives and that will be a blessing
if you have any questions about Niger you can email me at
niger1.com@Gmail.com