Sunday, January 08, 2006

66th Anniversary

I baked cookies for my friends who celebrate Christmas not too long ago. I sat and visitid with them and they told me that there anniversary is on Christmas day. Guess how long they have been married???

SIXTY SIX YEARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

That's so breathtaking to me...I was thinking, I have known my parents (since birth until now) for 22 years. Multiply that by three and you get this couple's commitment to each other.

You know what else? One can tell that this couple genuinely love each other-the kind of love only found in the movies or fairy tales. The way the talk about how they first met feels like it was yesterday. They knew each other since elementary school age. They both moved away and then returned to their homes for the summer. It was during the summer that they knew things were "different".

They are so beautiful, so understanding and so enjoyable.

I pray to God that I will meet someone to share my life with.

2 comments:

Delirious said...

Wow. Amazing story.

Zanzounito said...

Thanks girls..but I remember that not one person should determine our happiness..ya know?